Office hours: Monday - Friday, 9.00 - 17.00 EDT (UTC-04)
Call for ISTM Secretary-Treasurer
The ISTM is soliciting interest in the position of Secretary-Treasurer as the current Secretary-Treasurer will complete his term in May of 2019. The ISTM Secretary-Treasurer serves two year terms that are renewable twice.
It is expected that the new Secretary-Treasurer will be appointed by March of 2018 and will shadow the current Secretary-Treasurer in activities and communications from May of 2018 through May of 2019 when his or her first term begins.
- Long-Term Membership in ISTM (minimum of 10 years)
- Experience within and knowledge of ISTM leadership operations such as the Executive Board, Committee, Professional or Interest Groups or similar experience in another international organization.
- Previous positions or appointments with direct operational and financial oversight for organizations, departments, projects, or grants with budgets in excess of USD 2,000,000 per year.
- High professional stature within the field of travel medicine
- Demonstrated reputation for the highest personal ethical standards.
Overview of Responsibilities:
- Integrity of adherence of all ISTM operations, Board, and Officer decisions to ISTM By-Laws and to applicable civil laws.
- Serving as Chair of the Finance Committee and a Member of the CISTM Oversight Committees.
- Ensuring the integrity of the ISTM financial records, financial systems and annual budgeting process. Oversight of the investment account activities, adhering to the Executive Board-approved Investment Policy Statement.
- Best-efforts protection of ISTM Officers and Executive Board members from financial liability for decisions taken.
Minimum Time Expenditure:
- 8 hours per week (may vary depending on travel time)
- 2-3 visits for 2-3 days each year to the ISTM Secretariat Offices in Atlanta GA (might be in combination with other ISTM travel)
- Attend the following meetings:
- One CISTM Scientific Program Committee Meeting each year (2-3 days)
- Usually attends site visits to identify venues for CISTMs and possibly RCISTMs (5-7 days)
- Each biennial CISTM (5-7 days)
- Identified ISTM Regional Meetings in non CISTM years (5-7 days)
- Executive Board Meetings each year, typically in conjunction with the CISTM or Regional Meeting (including Leadership Council), plus 3 Executive Board teleconferences
- There may be other travel and tele- or e-conferences required
Preliminary enquiries to the ISTM President-Elect, Leo Visser at email@example.com are encouraged. Applicants must complete and submit the Secretary-Treasurer Candidate Form along with a recent Curriculum Vitae to the ISTM Executive Director, Diane Nickolson at DNickolson@ISTM.org. Applications close 31 May 2017.