Office hours: Monday - Friday, 9.00 - 17.00 EDT (UTC-04)
Contents - October 2011
- The final issue of NewsShare with Karl Neumann as Editor.
- CISTM12 in May 2011 marks the 20th Anniversary of the ISTM.
- Membership holding steady.
- Colleague recommendations are main reason people join the ISTM.
News from the ISTM Secretariat
- Watch your mail for the 2011 membership renewal packet. It will include renewal forms and information about ISTM programs and member benefits. Please renew your membership for 2011 if you have not already done so.
ISTM Lifelong Continuous Professional Development Program Task Force
- This new Task Force will evaluate the need, wisdom, and benefits of introducing a time limited CTH® (Certificate in Travel Medicine) to replace the current lifetime CTH® awarded on successful completion of the ISTM examination for CTH®. Dr. Phyllis Kozarsky head of the Task Force.
ISTM Travel Medicine Review and Update 2011
- The next presentation of the popular Travel Medicine Review and Update Course will be held in Atlanta, Georgia, USA, on 18 to 20 March, 2011.
2011 ISTM Presidential and Executive Board Elections
- This is the time to nominate members in good standing for the positions of President-Elect and two Counselor positions.
ISTM Leadership Council and Executive Board Meeting Highlights
- Singapore chosen for the RCISTM13.
- Board considers lifelong learning professional development program.
Update on the Pharmacist Professional Group (PPG)
- Eighty members already with a core steering group of twelve representatives.
Nurse Professional Group (NPG)
- Consider joining the NPG. Visit our website and notice the new feature “Nursing in Travel Medicine” highlighting nurses from around the world and their practices.
Report from the Publications Committee
- Eric Caumes appointed JTM Editor-in-chief.
- Wiley Blackwell continues as publisher of JTM. JTM’s impact factor has risen again!
- Scientific Program Committee: CISTM12 Call for Abstracts
ISTM Certificate of Knowledge®
- 1246 people have taken and passed the CTH®.
- Next exam to take place 8 May in conjunction with the CISTM12.
Expert Opinions in Travel Medicine
- Pre- or post-travel quandary answered by ISTM members with expertise in the topic discussed.
Results of Our Most Recent ISTM Survey
- Does your travel practice provide pre-travel counseling, immunizations, and medications for infants and young children? Survey includes 173 responses from about twenty-two countries.
ISTM Pediatric Interest Group
- Consider joining the ISTM Pediatric Interest Group. No need to be a pediatrician to join. No extra dues. No work unless you volunteer to do it. Collaboration and cross-fertilization over geographic borders.
The Way it Was
- Travel in the 19th Century. Abstaining from alcohol while you travel.