Office hours: Monday - Friday, 9.00 - 17.00 EDT (UTC-04)
Contents - January 2011
- Welcome to the New NewsShare Editor: Peter Leggat
- New ISTM Continuing Professional Development Committee Formed
- Dates and Locations Confirmed for RCISTM2012 and CISTM13 in 2013
- Membership anticipated to increase in 2011
- 2011 Presidential and Executive Board Elections Open
News from the Secretariat
- ISTM Teaching Slide Set Updated and Expanded to 158 Slides
- Pre-CISTM Activities include the CTH® Exam and two pre-CISTM Courses
Guest Editorial: Peter Leggat, the new editor of ISTM NewsShare
- Learn more about the New Editor and his vision for NewsShare
From the New NewsShare Editor
- Send in your contributions and commentaries
- In appreciate of Karl Neumann, prior NewsShare Editor
Creation of the International Society of Travel Medicine -- the 1980’s: pre-historic phase
- Learn how the Society was Formed: From Inception to Reality
May 2011 in Boston, Massachusetts, USA
- CTH® Exam and pre-CISTM Courses on Sunday, 8 May
- CISTM12 Scientific Program Topics
2011 ISTM Presidential and Executive Board Elections
- Review the Candidate Bios and Vision Statements
- Exercise Your Right to Vote and Select the ISTM Leadership
Travel Medicine Review Course: 18-20 March 2011 in Atlanta, GA, USA
- Another Exceptional Presentation Planned - Full Agenda Included
- CME and CE for Nursing Credits to be Granted - Including Pharmacy Credits for Nurse Practitioners
ISTM Research Awards: Submission Deadline 28 February 2011!
- Travel Medicine Research Awards Available
Nursing Professional Group News
- Welcome from the Interim Chair
- Reports from Japan and South Africa
Pharmacists' Participation in Travel Medicine Around the World®
- This brief cross sectional survey of pharmacists from around the world offers an insight into pharmacist involvement in travel medicine as well as the potential needs of this growing pharmacist provider population.
Pediatrics Interest Group
- Pediatrics IG membership shows the diversity and the strength of the ISTM with the vast majority of the Group's members being other than pediatricians.
Psychological Health of Travelers Interest Group
- The ISTM has been very helpful in broadening the understanding of travel medicine to include the vital component of psychosocial wellbeing, by offering an Interest Group on the Psychological Health of Travellers.
- The IG had developed a preconference CISTM12 course which offers a chance for anyone interested in mental health issues of travelers, whether specialist or not, entitled Cross-cultural travellers: pre- travel psychological screening, and post-travel psychological care.