Office hours: Monday - Friday, 9.00 - 17.00 EDT (UTC-04)
Contents - December 2013
- ISTM members uniquely placed to prepare travelers to help in international disasters
- The benefits to meeting together explored
From the Editor
- Communications - the past, the present and the future
- The annual ISTM Financial Report presented
News from the Secretariat
- Membership renewal packets in the mail!
- New website to be unveiled soon
Upcoming Conferences, 2014
- Emerging Infections and Travel, The 10th Asia Pacific Travel Health Conference (APTHC), May 2014 in Vietnam
- Northern European Conference on Travel Medicine (NECTN), June 2014 in Norway
- Crossroads of Wilderness and Travel Medicine: Wilderness Medical Society and RCISTM6, August 2014 in Wyoming, United States of America
- Quo Vadis? South African Society of Travel Medicine (SASTM), September 2014
Save the Date - 2014 Travel Medicine Update and Review Course
- 2014 Course to be held on 4-6 April in Baltimore, Maryland, USA
- CTH® Exams to be offered just prior to the APTHC in Vietnam and the RCISTM6 in Jackson Hole, Wyoming, USA
Call for Program Proposals
- Proposals now accepted until 1 March 2014 for the CISTM14
- Proposals to include plenary, symposium, workshop, panel discussion and debate topics
- Applications for the 2013-2014 Research Awards now accepted
- Deadline for applications set for 31 January 2014
The Pharmacists Professional Group in China
- ISTM PPG Members travel to China for presentation at the 9th Sino-UK-US Hospital Pharmaceutical Care Forum.
- This month features International Travel and Health (World Health Organization, 2012) and CDC Health Information for International Travel: The Yellow Book 2014 (Oxford University Press, 2014)
NewsShare Travel Talk
- How often do you prescribe hypnotics for jet lag and under what circumstances?
- Chat with the Expert: Sheila Hall, RGN SCM MSc, Chair of Destination Communities Support Interest Group (DCSIG)
If you wish to download the full December 2013 NewsShare, you can access it here.